opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > Racing > Kill Section

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 01-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
srtwhat

Raced a new 5.0

So i was driving to my buddys house with my girlfriend , about to get on the highway , when i noticed lights come up on me pretty fast . I got on the highway and saw it was a new mustang 5.0 . He got came next to me and kept egging me to run him , finally i said what the hell . The first race was from 60-120 mph, he let me have the hit ,I jumped about a fender on him ,then keep pulling away from him till we stopped and i ended up a half a car to a car ahead of him . The second race 50-120 mph , he had the hit this time and he jumped a half a car on me , i was pulling him in before he had to stop because he ran out of room . I ended up a half a fender behind him before we shut down . I was very suprised at how well my car did , with only a diablo tune and a short stick . I dunno what was all done to his car , it sounded louder than stock , but I hope i run in to him again .
srtwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #2
Rabs
Go Spurs Go!

I hate mustangs!!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
MannyLobo
HGH Optimist

Send a message via AIM to MannyLobo Send a message via Yahoo to MannyLobo
Trust me... some 5.0s aren't a joke. Yet, most of 'em still have drivers that haven't quite got the point... You can't ALWAYS win. Someone is always faster.

My buddy, Poolshark, has beaten a couple of 5.0s, already. Some of 'em were griping that he "wasn't stock." Well... it's called RUN WHAT YA BRUNG! Especially on the street.

Glad you got a feel of what the 5.0s can do. Soon enough, you'll be in here posting about stomping the hell out of one... then him crying about it.
Whoa: Powder Coated '05/'06 Brakes, Russell Stainless Lines, Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Chelsea: 2005 GMC Yukon SLT - Deep Blue Metallic --- The New Daily
MannyLobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
srtwhat

yea my friend knows a guy who is in high school, that just got one . hes been talking nothing but **** to me , how his new 5.0 is basicly the **** . So im going to race him when it gets warm and ill mostly have LTs by then ........... i cant wait to see his face if i beat him . lol
srtwhat is offline   Reply With Quote