opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > GTO/G8 Events > Event Threads

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Robofuzz
Benevolent Admin
 
Robofuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Marble Falls, TX
Posts: 2,495
Send a message via AIM to Robofuzz
Goatfest Shift Light Activation

I will be activating the factory shift lights for people at Goatfest. I can also do some other things with the cluster like deactivate the daytime running lights, etc. I have the software and cable to do this.

This will be done in exchange for a $40 donation to the Hill Country Childrens Advocacy Center (http://www.hccac.org). I am on the board of the directors of this charity. We provide counseling services for children who are victims of sexual and/or physical abuse as well as assist law enforcement with interviews and physical examinations of child victims in a non-threatening environment.

If you would like your shift light activated, I need you to signup in this thread so I can get a count on how many I will need to plan on doing.

1. elephantrider
2. opmiii
3. slogto
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
__________________

2005 GTO - MBM M6 (slightly modded)
Robofuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
MannyLobo
HGH Optimist
 
MannyLobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,512
Send a message via AIM to MannyLobo Send a message via Yahoo to MannyLobo
AWESOME, man. Simple mod, and contributing to a good cause? People need to jump on this!
__________________
Selena: 2004 QSM/Black A4 - Bone Stock: 13.591 @ 102.10 (60': 2.030) - [Street Tires] - [3/26/10]
Show: Interior/Exterior LEDs, 35W 5000K HIDs, Clear Side Markers, '05/'06 Hood, '06 Tails, Cut '04 Bumper with PFYC Rear Inserts
Go: LPE Intake, Ported TB, Ported LS6 Intake, Custom '05/'06 Exhaust with Dynomax Bullets & Stolen Fox H-pipe
Whoa: Powder Coated '05/'06 Brakes, Russell Stainless Lines, Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Chelsea: 2005 GMC Yukon SLT - Deep Blue Metallic --- The New Daily
MannyLobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
elephantrider
hello
 
elephantrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: round rock tx
Posts: 340
im in for sure. be glad to make a donation to a great cause.


1. elephantrider
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
__________________
standard sig

jason
elephantrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
opmiii
Member
 
opmiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin Area
Posts: 99
I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. elephantrider
2. opmiii
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
opmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
littlecrunch2000
Senior Member
 
littlecrunch2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 641
you know I'm in, buddy!
__________________
PANDORA - 04 TR, M6, HB CSL 19's

Show: Panasonic Strada, XM, Image Dynamic components, Infinity mids, JL Audio 8" subs in rear deck, Alpine M500 and F450, HID's, short shifter, my creation rear seat delete.
Go: P&P and milled LS6 Heads,TSP 228R cam, Ported Intake and TB, Kooks LTs, Powerbond UDP, MagnaFlow full exhaust, Svede CAI, MSD & NGK, 160*, 05-06 brakes.

Tuned by Corey at Henderson - NEW-441/410 with mods in sig --- PB: 13.42 @ 104.5 and 1.94 60' with only headers, exhaust and CAI.
littlecrunch2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.
 
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mexifornia
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
I will be activating the factory shift lights for people at Goatfest. I can also do some other things with the cluster like deactivate the daytime running lights, etc. I have the software and cable to do this.

This will be done in exchange for a $40 donation to the Hill Country Childrens Advocacy Center (http://www.hccac.org). I am on the board of the directors of this charity. We provide counseling services for children who are victims of sexual and/or physical abuse as well as assist law enforcement with interviews and physical examinations of child victims in a non-threatening environment.

If you would like your shift light activated, I need you to signup in this thread so I can get a count on how many I will need to plan on doing.

1. elephantrider
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
I'd be in, it's kinda far though...lol.
__________________
"You'll eventually send me your diff, send it the first time, not the second or third time! This will prevent thousands of dollars going to waste." STANDARD LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE IS STANDARD ON ALL BUILDS.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
SLOGTO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Leander
Posts: 21
I'm in as well.
1. elephantrider
2. opmiii
3.slogto
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
__________________
2006 QSM M6 1 of 123 Volant Intake, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Livernois Stage 2 Cam, Ported FAST 92, TSW Cadwells. 425/398 tuned by Reckart Performance.
SLOGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
Daniel Linnett
All in MODeration
 
Daniel Linnett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 660
1. elephantrider
2. opmiii
3.slogto
4. Daniel Linnett
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
__________________


Daniel Linnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
peeps
ETG Event Coordinator
 
peeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to peeps Send a message via Yahoo to peeps
Chris,

I haven't kept up with the details of the programming but if I have already had it done years ago, is it simple to just make the custom text change without affecting the shift light activation rpms that were done so long ago that I don't recall the RPM setpoints are but don't want to change them after 7 years of them programming my brain?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps
GTO: The excitement of breaking 95% of all speed limits while still in 2nd gear!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
Robofuzz
Benevolent Admin
 
Robofuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Marble Falls, TX
Posts: 2,495
Send a message via AIM to Robofuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
Chris,

I haven't kept up with the details of the programming but if I have already had it done years ago, is it simple to just make the custom text change without affecting the shift light activation rpms that were done so long ago that I don't recall the RPM setpoints are but don't want to change them after 7 years of them programming my brain?
Yep - the RPM shift points won't change unless we specifically change them.
__________________

2005 GTO - MBM M6 (slightly modded)
Robofuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
peeps
ETG Event Coordinator
 
peeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to peeps Send a message via Yahoo to peeps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
Yep - the RPM shift points won't change unless we specifically change them.
Sweet, then...

1. elephantrider
2. opmiii
3. slogto
4. Daniel Linnett
5. peeps
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Just gotta figure out what I want it to say.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps
GTO: The excitement of breaking 95% of all speed limits while still in 2nd gear!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
Drago
Junior Member
 
Drago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Friendswood, Texas
Posts: 25
Sweet! I'm in. What else can you do besides the light?

1. elephantrider
2. opmiii
3. slogto
4. Daniel Linnett
5. peeps
6.Drago
7.
8.
9.
10.
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Robofuzz
Benevolent Admin
 
Robofuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Marble Falls, TX
Posts: 2,495
Send a message via AIM to Robofuzz
Shift light, day time running lamp and dash indicator deactivation, Holden or HSV logos, custom shutdown text.
__________________

2005 GTO - MBM M6 (slightly modded)
Robofuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #14
peeps
ETG Event Coordinator
 
peeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to peeps Send a message via Yahoo to peeps
Chris, can you do the custom temp guage set-points with your setup?

Was thinking about getting a new bezel and a scan gauge, but if you are able to do that, it might save me some money

I hear it can be setup something like this...

Quote:
C = 140
1/4 = 167
3/8 low = 176
3/8 high = 180
1/2 = 200
5/8 = 210
3/4 = 221
7/8 = 224
H = 244
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps
GTO: The excitement of breaking 95% of all speed limits while still in 2nd gear!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #15
Robofuzz
Benevolent Admin
 
Robofuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Marble Falls, TX
Posts: 2,495
Send a message via AIM to Robofuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
Chris, can you do the custom temp guage set-points with your setup?

Was thinking about getting a new bezel and a scan gauge, but if you are able to do that, it might save me some money

I hear it can be setup something like this...
Yep!
__________________

2005 GTO - MBM M6 (slightly modded)
Robofuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
peeps
ETG Event Coordinator
 
peeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to peeps Send a message via Yahoo to peeps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
Yep!
Awesome!!!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps
GTO: The excitement of breaking 95% of all speed limits while still in 2nd gear!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
hughes
aka josh181817
 
hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: celina
Posts: 217
I'm in.

1. elephantrider
2. opmiii
3. slogto
4. Daniel Linnett
5. peeps
6.Drago
7. Hughes/ Equinsu Ocha
8.
9.
10.
__________________
Stonebriar Chevrolet Parts Department.



on tap:
slp loudmouth II, pacesetter LT's w/ cattless mids, and K&N intake, P&P throttlybody by WRP,
SNL V4 cam. 363.9HP 364.0TQ. Worked by Phoenix. Monster stage 2. No track times yet
hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.

Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum More GTO stuff

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Jett Fuel Productions, LLC - All Rights Reserved
GasTiresOil.com is not affiliated with General Motors Corp.