opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > GTO Technical Forum > Transmission and Drivetrain

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 04-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #76
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Cool. Likely that it will need all new parts with that mileage.
"You'll eventually send me your diff, send it the first time, not the second or third time! This will prevent thousands of dollars going to waste." STANDARD LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE IS STANDARD ON ALL BUILDS.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:39 PM   #77
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

A trio...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150416_203406.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1854  
"You'll eventually send me your diff, send it the first time, not the second or third time! This will prevent thousands of dollars going to waste." STANDARD LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE IS STANDARD ON ALL BUILDS.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
Old 04-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #78
05ls7gto
Professional Ricer

Wow, that picture really shows the difference between the colors. The person on the right has really good taste!

2005 QSM/Black/17/A4 - RIP
2006 SRM/Black/17/M6 - Pictures, Mod List
2014 Chevy SS PBM/Sunroof/No Spare - Holden Conversion
05ls7gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #79
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ls7gto View Post
Wow, that picture really shows the difference between the colors. The person on the right has really good taste!
He does

Old 05-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #80
lclbruddah808

Really stoked to find someone reputable with differential rebuilds. I talked to a guy at the all Pontiac show up in Downey who has a QSM goat with an LS7 in it. After all of what I've read and what that guy had to say about you, I'm all in for a diff rebuild once I finish this move and start my new job! (College Grad)
-Koni Rear Shocks
-Eibach Lowering Springs
-Nitto NT01 rubber
-Spintech 3in w/ H-Pipe
lclbruddah808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #81
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclbruddah808 View Post
Really stoked to find someone reputable with differential rebuilds. I talked to a guy at the all Pontiac show up in Downey who has a QSM goat with an LS7 in it. After all of what I've read and what that guy had to say about you, I'm all in for a diff rebuild once I finish this move and start my new job! (College Grad)
Sounds great. I'm guessing the qsm had a rumpity rump cam and some mesh wheels? Get ahold of me anytime

Old 05-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #82
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

5th diff is the charm!!

The owner of this unit is finally on his way to a proper build.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150523_193448.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	1868  

Last edited by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT; 05-24-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:31 AM   #83
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Pic of the day...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150925_102325.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	1895  

Old 10-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #84
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Pic of the day
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20151011_150355.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	1903  

Old 10-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #85
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Current line-up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20151024_155531.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	1904  

Old 11-04-2015, 07:12 PM   #86
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Plan ahead. Diffs will done in limited numbers this winter.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #87
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Accepting 2 more diffs between now and new year. Plan ahead or expect possible long delay.

Last edited by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT; 11-24-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #88
gesto

Hi 2QWK,

Do you have these in stock? If so, can you tell me ordering info, price and shipping timeline? Your PM box is full.

Thanks!
gesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:57 AM   #89
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Pm'd u.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:14 AM   #90
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Accepting 1 more. "Do it once, do it right!" Time is money, don't do this over and over the wrong way. Too many coming in with just a few miles on them. I get the most out of these units, no other builder comes close. 0% fail rate on builds. Zero returns.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:12 PM   #91
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

A trio.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150415_132756.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	1906  

Old 12-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #92
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

No more builds until next year. Plan early to save on delays.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #93
06BOM6

Hey there. I just tried to respond to your message, but it says you have reached your storage limit.

Just FYI.
06BOM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #94
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BOM6 View Post
Hey there. I just tried to respond to your message, but it says you have reached your storage limit.

Just FYI.
Try again

Old 02-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #95
gastiresnoil
gastiresnoil

PM sent, new owner, new member, excited to be here
gastiresnoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #96
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Pic of the day.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160609_164724.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	1924  

Old 06-20-2016, 03:08 PM   #97
Sup_Red

I have dealt with Mike on a couple of high dollar purchases in the past such as a master cylinder and stubs for my diff on my 06 GTO i no longer have. RIP Sheila....I purchased a clean 05 GTO M6 last June and decided i would do nothing but the best on this car as well. I consulted with Mike about my diff build shortly after i purchased the car and heard the gears and diff making all sorts of noises. We went over my HP goals as well as what i was willing to spend to hit those goals. He suggested a Wavetrac Diff and and to inspect my gears for possible salvage in order to save me money. I purchased the Diff and sent that to Mike along with my diff.
Once Mike inspected my diff, he let me know what needed to be done with my gears in an unbiased manner. I chose to get new gears because i wanted this build to hold the power the engine will put out. I got the metal treatments done as well to ensure reliability.
Mike was done with the diff build fairly quick and kept me updated along the way.
I recently had to replace my clutch due to the previous owner's install mishap so i have not been able to test Mike's work until now.
I am glad i followed Mike's suggestion on the Wavetrac diff for the build. I have pushed the car around corners pretty hard and the wheels hold to the ground. When i push on the go pedal, the car responds in a controlled manner which it did not with the stock diff. I am really happy with the build. I also purchased a master cylinder as well to install with my clutch. I highly suggest working with Mike if you want the build done right the first time with significant attention to detail. Here are some pics as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Sup_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:42 AM   #98
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup_Red View Post
I have dealt with Mike on a couple of high dollar purchases in the past such as a master cylinder and stubs for my diff on my 06 GTO i no longer have. RIP Sheila....I purchased a clean 05 GTO M6 last June and decided i would do nothing but the best on this car as well. I consulted with Mike about my diff build shortly after i purchased the car and heard the gears and diff making all sorts of noises. We went over my HP goals as well as what i was willing to spend to hit those goals. He suggested a Wavetrac Diff and and to inspect my gears for possible salvage in order to save me money. I purchased the Diff and sent that to Mike along with my diff.
Once Mike inspected my diff, he let me know what needed to be done with my gears in an unbiased manner. I chose to get new gears because i wanted this build to hold the power the engine will put out. I got the metal treatments done as well to ensure reliability.
Mike was done with the diff build fairly quick and kept me updated along the way.
I recently had to replace my clutch due to the previous owner's install mishap so i have not been able to test Mike's work until now.
I am glad i followed Mike's suggestion on the Wavetrac diff for the build. I have pushed the car around corners pretty hard and the wheels hold to the ground. When i push on the go pedal, the car responds in a controlled manner which it did not with the stock diff. I am really happy with the build. I also purchased a master cylinder as well to install with my clutch. I highly suggest working with Mike if you want the build done right the first time with significant attention to detail. Here are some pics as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Go beat on it!

Last edited by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT; 08-22-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:43 AM   #99
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

Pic of the day.

Twins..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160627_221259.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	1925  

Old 08-21-2016, 05:51 AM   #100
mr monaro

Nice work love it.
mr monaro is offline   Reply With Quote