opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > GTO Technical Forum > Body, Appearance, Detailing

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
kookiemonster
oklahoma goat

Send a message via Skype™ to kookiemonster
Paint ideas for Trixy

Ok this is my first post so i wanted to make it good. Im new here and was wanting some opinions on some paint color ideas. I have always liked the satin and matte paint finishes so that is a must. I saw a satin white pearl camaro and that got this started. Ok so the firts is a satin black pearl and the second a satin white pearl what do you think? My car is pbm right now.

Trixy 05 pbm m6
Mods- kooks ss longtubes, e-cutouts, bc coilovers, ls7 clutch, tick master, ss cluch lines, stage2 texas drivetrain performance t56, spintech axleback, vararam intake, proxes mgw shifter, and a slipping stock lsd. wavetrac, gears, harrop, and awh axles waiting for install.
kookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
elephantrider
hello

try to get your stock color shot on with a matte finish..?

jason
elephantrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
ram09
The Anheuser-Busch Mod

I went from PBM to this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363554024.152125.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1438

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363554077.075018.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1439

It's a custom Pearl white, just to give you some ideas on what white can look like.

2004 Ghost White/Red M6
1 0F 1
Mods to date:
K&N CAI, SLP MAF Sensor, 3in SW Catback w/chambered muffs, BAER 13in brakes front & rear, TB Coolant Bypass, 160 degree thermostat, Royal Purple motor, trans, & rearend oil, black tails
ram09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
kookiemonster
oklahoma goat

I thought of just spraying the satin top coat but i really want to do somthing no one has. I like your pearl white but i am not sure i want to go that far from the original black. how hard was it to spray the pearl?

Trixy 05 pbm m6
Mods- kooks ss longtubes, e-cutouts, bc coilovers, ls7 clutch, tick master, ss cluch lines, stage2 texas drivetrain performance t56, spintech axleback, vararam intake, proxes mgw shifter, and a slipping stock lsd. wavetrac, gears, harrop, and awh axles waiting for install.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
ram09
The Anheuser-Busch Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookiemonster View Post
I thought of just spraying the satin top coat but i really want to do somthing no one has. I like your pearl white but i am not sure i want to go that far from the original black. how hard was it to spray the pearl?
Basically the same as laying a clear coat. But understand on mine, in bright sun light, you can't look directly at my car without sunglasses. It's honestly quite ridiculous.

2004 Ghost White/Red M6
1 0F 1
Mods to date:
K&N CAI, SLP MAF Sensor, 3in SW Catback w/chambered muffs, BAER 13in brakes front & rear, TB Coolant Bypass, 160 degree thermostat, Royal Purple motor, trans, & rearend oil, black tails
Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #6
Robofuzz
Benevolent Admin

Send a message via AIM to Robofuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram09 View Post
It's honestly quite ridiculous.
Yep!

2005 GTO - MBM M6 (slightly modded)
Robofuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
kookiemonster
oklahoma goat

how much should i order ram? like how many quarts

Trixy 05 pbm m6
Old 03-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
ram09
The Anheuser-Busch Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookiemonster View Post
how much should i order ram? like how many quarts
I don't remember, I'll ask the guy who painted it when I get to the shop a little later.

2004 Ghost White/Red M6
1 0F 1
Mods to date:
Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
kookiemonster
oklahoma goat

well we finally found the color its java black pearl by Subaru we will be doing some practice on some spare panels soon to get the right amount of the bronze pearl in it. Then when i finally get the new rear end in the car we will start getting the car ready.

Trixy 05 pbm m6