opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > GTO Technical Forum > Engine Tech

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 04-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
Gimpy1

Help! My car is Bleeding

On the way to work today I smelled coolant, but being stuck in 9 AM Mexico City traffic I figured it was another vehicle. 6 KM later at the office one of the guys comes into my office and says my car is bleeding red/pink stuff. So I go to where my car is parked and sure enough there is coolant coming out from the bottom of my car. My radiators fatastically well designed plastic tanks have cracked, since there are absolutely no GTO parts here I'll have to order one from the U.S. no biggie. So I order a Mishimoto radiator and their hoses, I had to use a non sponsor due to having to ship it here, I was planning on getting one from Kollar in July when I was in the states but Murphy's Law intervened. My question to all of those who have installed one of these is what additional parts do I need to complete the install. I checked the Mishimoto website and they have an excellent install video with a list of tools and the obvious stuff like coolant.
Here is what I ordered so far for my 2005 GTO (A4)
2004-2006 Mishimoto Radiator
Hoses
I can buy dex cool here (at a freaking ridiculous price btw) but its cheaper than shipping it due to it being hazmat.
Trans fluid.
So aside from what I have listed above is there anything I need to add to the list? Also any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Magna Flow catback, DSS AL drive shaft, BC coilovers, All Poly, Morimoto HID, Elite Engineering Catch Can, DBA 4000 T# and Bobcat 1521 on all 4 corners, and a Simpson Racing Car seat for my 5 year old.
Gimpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
ehunterg

People often do:

Thermostat

Waterpump

At the same time.
ehunterg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:27 PM   #3
Firehawk409

Wouldnt have wasted money on the mishimoto hoses. Good replacements are cheaper and get the job done.
Firehawk409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #4
Gimpy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk409 View Post
Wouldnt have wasted money on the mishimoto hoses. Good replacements are cheaper and get the job done.
Believe it or not they we the only ones that would ship to Mexico, I found it hard to eat 89 bucks for hoses, OE would not ship here and I can't even get freaking OE clips shipped WTF? I change the water pump about 3 years ago and was planning to change the belts which I brought with me from the US.
Magna Flow catback, DSS AL drive shaft, BC coilovers, All Poly, Morimoto HID, Elite Engineering Catch Can, DBA 4000 T# and Bobcat 1521 on all 4 corners, and a Simpson Racing Car seat for my 5 year old.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:11 AM   #5
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
CONSULT WITH ME, LAST.

If water pump has 60k or more, I'd consider changing it. Same with thermostat. Let me know If I can ship you anything.
"You'll eventually send me your diff, send it the first time, not the second or third time! This will prevent thousands of dollars going to waste." STANDARD LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE IS STANDARD ON ALL BUILDS.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
2QWK4RU 06 GOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #6
Gimpy1

Thanks to all for the advice, my radiator came in on Friday and I will start the install tomorrow, since I had to order a freaking 19 mm line wrench.