opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > GTO/G8 Events > Past Events > Music City Cruz-In -- July 21-24, 2011

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 03-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

Music City Cruz-In & More

Nashville, TN.

Several activities planned:

Friday Morning July 22 - Run the twisties of "Deals Gap" known for is scenic mountain roads while maneuvering the several hairpin turns. click here for more info

Friday evening July 22 - Car Cruise-In. Weekly gathering of 450 to 700 of the best from stock to heavily modified.

Saturday July 23 - Several options; Wrenching / moding, tuning, custom car photo shoots or visit the Corvette Museum.

Saturday Evening July 23 - Dinner at Ryan's Steak House

Details:

Thursday Evening, the group from Chicago, headed up by Bohnman and admviper88 will convoy to Maryville, Tn. with reservations made at http://luxburyinn.com/index.php

Friday:

Morning, run the twisties through the beautiful Smokey Mountains. Run it hard or run it easy, either way it's an awesome experience.

UPDATE 7/18 DEALS GAP Thursday night / Saturday morning. Jeff aka Bohnman will head up the group, here are the details:

Thursday:
Lets leave Chicago @ 7:30 am sharp we can meet at my place where we can then get onto 294 south to 65.

Friday

We need to be packed up and ready to roll out of the hotel parking lot by 7:30 am inorder to have enough time to eat lunch, take pictures, and make it to Nashville to clean the cars up for the Friday night car show.

Route

http://mapq.st/m2cfMP

Friday at 11:00 Phil aka 06 Blue Devil will meet up with the group in Deals Gap and lead the group in to Nashville. Th plan is to get them to their hotels in time for them to clean up the cars for the cruz-in. (see below for new deails)

Friday night hotel reservations = click for hotel information

7/18 UPDATE FRIDAY NIGHT.... Ray aka RAYMOND will meet the group at the Comfort Inn hotel and lead them out to the Cruz-In at the Belk in Murfreesboro. If you have a two-way walkie talkie, Ray will be monitoring channel 16 sub channel 0. Ray will depart the hotel area at 3:45. Ray drives an 06 Torrid Red with polished 18's and Tennessee tags.

Friday afternoon: 4pm everyone to meet at the Friday night cruise-in located at Belk 2615 MEDICAL CENTER PKWY, Murfreesboro, TN. 37129 20 miles S.E. from Nashville on I-24 This event is sponsored by the local "Murfreesboro Hotrod Club" click here for information ...... click here for map There is a $1.00 fee charged per car, this is collected by the event sponsor to support the event.

Saturday "day": A few options;

Wrenching / Moding / Photo Shoots: Local guys Josh aka LSPWR and Kyle aka silverstreak04 will open their places for wrenching / moding.
  • Josh can handle stereo installs, alarms, and shift lights .
  • Kyle can handle the mechanical side. Cams, headers, suspensions.
  • Jeff aka Bohnman will be there to do custom lighting such as his new led door sills, interior leds, cluster lighting and control switches.
  • Photo shoots = John aka Landshark will be available to photo shoot your GTO in some cool spots around Nashville. John is a professional photographer and an avid car nut like us. Just don't ask him to tell you what he currently owns or has owned..... it will take all day! but seriously, this guy is amazing with a camera. click here to see some of his work.

disclaimer time.... it's your responsibility to contact any of the above guys, setup what you want done etc. That is between you and them! Not to be discussed here.

Corvette Museum = For those not wanting to have any work done or hang out at the shops, plans are to tour the Corvette Museum click for link that is located just a short 45 minutes north of Nashville in bowling Green, Ky.

UPDATE 7/13 CORVETTE MUSEUM TOUR: Barry aka Smitty's GTO is spear heading the Corvette Tour, please see this post http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=294

SATURDAY BREAKFAST: Also, anyone wanting to meet for breakfast before the corvette tour on Saturday morning, or just to meet and have breakfast. We will be meeting at the Cracker Barrel restaurant right by the hotel, at 7:30. Meeting for breakfast are:
  • Nebo +1
  • Barry aka Smitty's GTO
  • Jeff aka Bohnman
  • Kyle aka QSM/RED Kyle
  • tom's2005gto
  • Phil aka 06 Blue Devil
  • Jimmy aka 4shearerfun
  • Keith aka ckeith74
  • poakrplr

Saturday evening

7/12 UPDATE..... The Saturday night dinner is being moved. We will be meeting at Ryan's Steak House at 3435 Lebanon Road Hermtiage, TN. 37076 The restaurant is almost 9 miles from the Comfort Inn hotel where most are staying. We are meeting at the restaurant parking lot at 5:45 and head in to the restaurant at 6. There is AMPLE PARKING. When you pull in the lot, off to your left (11 out your front window) is a now closed theater with over 100 parking spots. Park there.

COST = $13.00 per person. If you are late arriving, be sure to tell the cashier you are with the GTO Club to get this discount. I know a lot of people paid the original $27 for a t-shirt that included the original dinner plans. TO EVERYONE THAT BOUGHT SHIRTS. I WILL HAND YOU A $5.00 REFUND PER PURCHASED SHIRT at the restaurant. The other $2.00 per shirt is still going to buy shirts for the sponsors. Ryan's Steak House has a great buffet and all you can eat grilled to order steaks. We will have a private room in the back of the restaurant. Door prizes will be begin at 7:15.

I will have extra t-shirts available and I will bring them with me. CASH and carry price is $22.00

Driving Directions from the Opryland Hotel area:

Depart Music Valley Dr toward Music City Circle 0.65mi / 1.04km
1 Turn left onto McGavock Pike 0.14mi / 0.22km
2 Take ramp right for TN-155 South / Briley Pkwy 3.5mi / 5.63km
3 At exit 8, take ramp right for US-70 toward Donelson 0.24mi / 0.39km
4 Turn left onto US-70 / TN-24 / Lebanon Pike 4.23mi / 6.81km
Arrive at US-70 / TN-24 / Lebanon Pike 0mi / 0km

post up and sign up.... (there's rumors that guys from Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Chicago, Indiana, Kentucky, Alabama and all over Tennessee are coming) if I left your state out, do what we do in the south HOLLER

Saturday night DOOR PRIZES

We have several door prizes to offer for Saturday night. I am sure everyone is concerned with the rising cost of gasoline. Time to announce what the grand prize is going to be. FREE GASOLINE UP TO $250

Not all the particulars are set in stone, but here is the thought:

One drawing to reimburse one person for their gasoline purchased up to $250
  1. Fuel receipts must be for the dates of July 21,22,23.
  2. Each receipt must be for a minimum of 10 gallons of 93 octane
  3. Each person must write their user name, full name, phone number, city & state on the back of each receipt.
  4. Every member attending the Saturday night festivities may enter all receipts in to a drawing.
  5. One receipt will be drawn and the winner will be determined.
  6. All receipts for that person will be retrieved and totaled.
  7. I will verify each receipt and total that one persons total fuel spendings.
  8. I will award that total sum up to $250 in cash to the winner.
  9. Note, to enter the drawing you must have driven a GTO or G8 to the event and it must be registered to the winner.
  10. MUST be present to win.

Stay tuned for more exciting news !

I want to THANK the following sponsors for offering to sponsor the event and there generous offer of door prizes etc. Details of these prizes coming soon !!!

"Auto Agenda is the number one source for Whiteline bushings and BC Racing Coilovers."

Last edited by tom's2005gto; 07-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.
tom's2005gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

Sponsors continued

Local member Victor aka Holygoat is the manager of the America-Tire in Antioch on Cane Ridge rd. Located near the Saturday night GTG. Victor has arranged for his American-Tire location to offer up tires at COST and mount, balance and alignments at substantial savings.

Who's coming:
  1. tom's2005gto
  2. Bohnman
  3. adamviper88
  4. Roblobster2
  5. LSPWR
  6. silverstreak04
  7. Sirmarco
  8. Rebinc
  9. Oh4GTO + 1
  10. T-FATTY
  11. Landshark
  12. jray1 +1.......... Friday and Saturday
  13. jmr4M............. Friday evening Saturday until afternoon
  14. sdimess84......... Saturday evening
  15. Raymond
  16. Steel Chicken
  17. DJCobol
  18. 06 Blue Devil........... Friday and Saturday
  19. kjhallex...................maybe
  20. bluegoat1
  21. Daniel Linnett..........maybe
  22. SRMetallic ..............Friday and Saturday
  23. Smitty's GTO ..........Friday and Saturday
  24. FylinRazorback + 1
  25. Napalm
  26. cyplandscape
  27. GTOmologato
  28. Tvaughn5
  29. LaTechGTO
  30. CodyC .................. Friday night
  31. Benwah
  32. T-bones Goat ............ maybe
  33. Holy Goat +1 .............Friday night and Saturday night
  34. ckeith74 ..................Friday night (maybe) Saturday until 2ish
  35. BWinc ..................... penciled in
  36. livinfulltilt ................. maybe Friday & Saturday
  37. BBGTO ................... gonna make it... but without the goat
  38. stillgreedy ...............all days
  39. MMVI Phantom .......... Friday evening and Saturday
  40. MMV IBM ..............Friday evening and Saturday
  41. jacket4256 ............... Friday
  42. LS2 tiger
  43. 06GTOfosho
  44. 4shearerfun +1
  45. Charm City
  46. Mikey340
  47. Robofuzz
  48. ToxicAG +1
  49. putergod ............ maybe
  50. kv1 ................. all 3 days
  51. jswhigham
  52. BAD BILLY
  53. Gtomatt
  54. nebo
  55. poakrply
  56. WallyO
  57. kebler2005
  58. Silver Goat I +1
  59. Hendrix-Engineering
  60. vettekiller1
  61. Lally
  62. racer426 +1 and child Saturday night only
  63. markmarascalco1 both nights

Last edited by tom's2005gto; 07-19-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

guys, remember.... if you want to have work done to your car while you are here, please shoot a pm to:

Kyle aka silverstreak04 (any mechanical work) Kyle built and installed my 427 tvs2300 and fuel system, along with many other mods. Kyle is the local go to guy for just about all the GTO's in the area.

Josh aka LSPWR (electronics) Josh has done every bit of the electronics on my car as well as several well known high profile cars and trucks for magazines, football players, etc. So if you want to upgrade your stereo, alarm system, or get a shift light installed in the factory location. Shoot josh a pm.

Jeff aka bohnman (lighting) Jeff will be here to do custom interior lighting. Jeff will be able to do his new GTO led door sills, change the color of your dash cluster and all the control knobs and switches. Along with changing over any of the interior lighting to colored lights, etc.

Mike aka Steel Chicken (tuning) Mike will be here offering custom tuning for all LS platforms. GTO's G8's Camaro's Corvettes trucks, you name it, Mike can make it run strong and fast.

John aka Landshark (photo shoots) John is an amazing photographer. John has shot many cars for locals as well as several Team Shelby events (yep, he owns a GTO and a badass GT500 also). we have all done it, seen those pictures of a car and go "WOW" that's an amazing picture. Well, that's what John can do.

So... shoot these guys some pm's and be sure to schedule the time that you will need with them.

Tom

bohnman sign ups:

1. Tom- Red
2. Phill- Blue
3. Cyplandscape - Dennis (Radio Only?)
4. Gtomologato - Kyle
5. Tvaughn5 -Travis
6. LSPWR- Josh
7. benwah

Reserved (if the above Cancels)

Plan is to do Josh and Tom's car Friday night. Then start early Saturday. About 2 weeks before the event I will ask for a non refundable deposite from the people listed. As I've found before sometimes people Flake out at the last minute I'm planning on doing 7 cars total. I will open 2 reserve spots incase one of the confirmed 7 decides not to show.

Last edited by tom's2005gto; 06-08-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
tonystarr

just in my thoughts!!!!! sounds like a great time, enjoy and take some pics! i'm sure john will.
tonystarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
06 Blue Devil
Cookies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystarr View Post
just in my thoughts!!!!! sounds like a great time, enjoy and take some pics! i'm sure john will.
Come and join in on the fun, you are due a road trip back to Nashville!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
Brians Goat
It's much faster now,,,,,

Me and Rachel might come up with Kyle if they go, maybe we can talk Matt and MJ into riding up with us. I know for a fact we can't make the Friday day stuff, but would like to make it up for the cruise on Friday night. Done the Dragon on a bike, have ZERO intention of taking the car through that mess with all the traffic, I would most likely get too aggravated with all the fools.

Life isn't about getting to the end gracefully, its more like sliding in sideways, throttle to the floor, body bruised and battered, out of breath, screaming HELL YES,,,,,,,,,WHAT A RIDE!!!!!
Brians Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

^ Brian, sounds good. I hope you guys can make it. We have a few other "surprises" in the works that I think everyone will like.

I will wait to add you to the list, just let me know for sure.

mods.... yep I've done them!
427 TVS2300 Killer Chiller Meziere ETP 245 Lonnie's twin pump system Hendrix-Engineering 8.8 LSPWR mini tubbed with 315's. Converted from M6 to a 4L80E built by FLT Yank SC3000
Old 04-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
Robofuzz
Benevolent Admin

Send a message via AIM to Robofuzz
I'm seriously thinking about coming to this. The date is too far out to really say for sure just yet.

2005 GTO - MBM M6 (slightly modded)
Robofuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
BBGTO
9 sec STREET car?

Tom, put me down as, uh, I guess HOPEFULLY, lol. I'ma really try to make it up for this. Would need to have Josh do the tub the week prior though if I can make it up for the event. Cause I'm only gonna be able to make it up there once probably.

APS with LG Twins
408 Iron by G-Engines
Brought to fruition by Heintz Racing
Lvl V 4L80e by RPM
IRS courtesy of Hendrix Engineering
BBGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
I'm seriously thinking about coming to this. The date is too far out to really say for sure just yet.
"thinking" about it? You sir, are required! LOL Hope you make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGTO View Post
Tom, put me down as, uh, I guess HOPEFULLY, lol. I'ma really try to make it up for this. Would need to have Josh do the tub the week prior though if I can make it up for the event. Cause I'm only gonna be able to make it up there once probably.
You should drive up the week before, leave the car, fly back, then ride up with another for the event and pick your car up then!

427 TVS2300 Killer Chiller Meziere ETP 245 Lonnie's twin pump system Hendrix-Engineering 8.8 LSPWR mini tubbed with 315's. Converted from M6 to a 4L80E built by FLT Yank SC3000
Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
Robofuzz
Benevolent Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom's2005gto View Post
"thinking" about it? You sir, are required! LOL Hope you make it.
Yeah - at this point, it looks like the cost of gasoline will be close to $1,237,599/gallon in the summer. May have to take a second mortgage on the house!

Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

^^^ form a caravan of GTO's and DRAFT to save fuel.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
Daniel Linnett
All in MODeration

Quote:
^^^ form a caravan of GTO's and DRAFT to save fuel.
How about a caravan of HOLDENS.......cant leave out the G8

Daniel Linnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #14
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Linnett View Post
If you get three or more.... you can lead the herd

Old 04-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #15
Robofuzz
Benevolent Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Linnett View Post
That works! We should get a Texas caravan organized.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #16
E's GTO
Real Shaker

Send a message via AIM to E's GTO Send a message via Yahoo to E's GTO
You know I'm in (aka sdimess84)

2006 CGM
- DDM 6000k lows/fogs | Custom Magnaflow Catback with H-Pipe | Billet Pro Shifter | Functional Shaker hood| Coated Pacesetters w/ catted mids | Stage 2 Ported Intake | Ported Throttle Body | CSP NSSP Camp | Lunati Valve Springs | LS7 Lifters | .040" Head Gaskets | Powerbond 25% UD Pulley
E's GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #17
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

I have a few vendors that are looking to sponsor the event (I am looking into having t-shirts made for the event with sponsorship help). We may have some goodies to pass out. And we are playing with the idea of a cash prize for long haul that attends both Friday and Saturday night events. (help cover that expensive fuel bill).

details coming soon

Old 04-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #18
Steel Chicken
彡☆ The More You Know 彡☆

Thumbs down Woot

Looking forward to repeating the shenanigans we had last time

Well that was awesome, I got a downthumb icon without even trying, lulz.
Steel Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Chicken View Post
Looking forward to repeating the shenanigans we had last time

Well that was awesome, I got a downthumb icon without even trying, lulz.
you got that right. we had a blast at the Middle Tennessee Dyno Day last May 2nd.

Glad to see you over here. Let me know if I can do anything to help. I think you'll find a much more laid back environment.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #20
ckeith74
havin fun

Quote:
you got that right. we had a blast at the Middle Tennessee Dyno Day last May 2nd.

Glad to see you over here. Let me know if I can do anything to help. I think you'll find a much more laid back environment.
This time we shouldn't have to worry about swimming home.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #21
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

guys, remember.... if you want to have work done to your car while you are here, please shoot a pm to:

Kyle aka silverstreak04 (any mechanical work) Kyle built and installed my 427 tvs2300 and fuel system, along with many other mods. Kyle is the local go to guy for just about all the GTO's in the area.

Josh aka LSPWR (electronics) Josh has done every bit of the electronics on my car as well as several well known high profile cars and trucks for magazines, football players, etc. So if you want to upgrade your stereo, alarm system, or get a shift light installed in the factory location. Shoot josh a pm.

Jeff aka bohnman (lighting) Jeff will be here to do custom interior lighting. Jeff will be able to do his new GTO led door sills, change the color of your dash cluster and all the control knobs and switches. Along with changing over any of the interior lighting to colored lights, etc.

Mike aka Steel Chicken (tuning) Mike will be here offering custom tuning for all LS platforms. GTO's G8's Camaro's Corvettes trucks, you name it, Mike can make it run strong and fast.

John aka Landshark (photo shoots) John is an amazing photographer. John has shot many cars for locals as well as several Team Shelby events (yep, he owns a GTO and a badass GT500 also). we have all done it, seen those pictures of a car and go "WOW" that's an amazing picture. Well, that's what John can do.

So... shoot these guys some pm's and be sure to schedule the time that you will need with them.

Tom

Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #22
Lspwr
Tubbed!!

C'mon guys. . . . I want to have a GTO in every state with my work in it. . . . .
Lspwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #23
T-bones Goat
First in the 8's

Tom, I would love to make this but can't 100% commit just yet. Put me down as a strong maybe :-)
T-bones Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #24
tom's2005gto
modding all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bones Goat View Post
Tom, I would love to make this but can't 100% commit just yet. Put me down as a strong maybe :-)
Travis, I got you on the list. I hope you are able to join us, and round up some of the others on your way.

Last edited by tom's2005gto; 04-09-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #25
ckeith74
havin fun

friday night maybe, depends on volleyball schedule and saturday till i leave to go race.