opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > The Swap Meet > Buyer and Seller Feedback

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 10-08-2015, 09:12 PM   #1
BackRoadGTO

Poor Experience with GForce Engineering

Cliff's notes:
My order took 3 months to arrive
GForce is difficult to communicate with
On multiple occasions I was told my parts would ship out within 2 weeks
The inner stubs I received were poorly made and had to be returned
GForce did refund my money for the stubs
150 miles on the axles and I'm loving them, no more wheel hop!

Back in March I placed a $1200 order with GForce and now that everything has been resolved I wanted to share the experience with my fellow owners. On 3/28 I ordered a set of their anti-wheel hop axles and Level 1 inner stubs, 2 days later I received confirmation of the order and was told the stubs would ship out in 2 weeks and the axles were on backorder until the end of April. In May I started trying to contact them to get an update on my order, multiple phone calls went unanswered and my messages were never returned. When I did get someone on the line I was always given a new reason why the order hadn't shipped and was told it'd be going out in 2 weeks. June 26 I finally received my parts! When I installed everything there was immediately a problem, I had a grinding/whirring sound coming from the rear end. Upon further inspection the surface finish of the stubs was very rough, the bearings in the side adjusters riding on a non-smooth surface were causing the grinding noise. Also, when comparing the parts to the OEM stubs they did not appear to be of the same quality; probably stronger, but not built to the same tolerances. I was put in touch with Casey and explained the issue, his suggestion was to try removing the coating with a scotch pad. When I did that it was obvious that the problem was the metal surface, not the coating. I sent them some pictures, was able to return the parts, and received a full refund.

Overall I was pretty disappointed with the whole GForce experience. This was a lot of money for me to spend on my car and IMHO getting the runaround for 2 months and receiving sub-par parts was not acceptable. I do have to say, though, that so far (150 miles in) the axles are fantastic and in the end they did own up to the problem with the stubs and give me a full refund. However, I will not be doing business with GForce in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gforce_finish 3 (550x413).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	1898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gforce2ndStub_finish (550x413).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	1899   Click image for larger version

Name:	OEM_Finish (550x413).jpg
Views:	21