opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > GTO Technical Forum > Forced Induction

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
vv8

LPE Heat Exchanger

So if anyone want to do this there is a few things needed to know,

With this item sitting 6"-8" out in front of the condensor/radiator air pull is not going to be very strong when the fans come on.
So sitting at an idle the IAT get very high quick, but once moving they come down quick, but not as cool as the magnacharger H/E sitting on the condensor/radiator, so I ordered two 5" fans to mount behind the H/E to help cool it down, i'm also going to build a Hardcore CAI setup with 4" tubing to get air from fender area, you could also use OTRCAI to help get better air.

So total project cost is about 500 bucks so far, this hasn't been a good mod so far lol, I hope with the new 5" fans the IAT will atleast stay at ambient temps and run cooler IAT at WOT.
U/D Pulley
160* Thermo
SLPLM2
Tune

New setup soon H/C TVS2300 ETC. 11.40@127.61
vv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Hendrix-Engineering

We seen a great reduction when we done this in 05,the fans will help sitting still but that's about it...Getting cooler air from under the car is agood move,i think someone makes a great intake like that
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote