opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > Regional Forums > Military

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 07-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
court_jester06

Changing my job is harder than i thought (RANT)

L-O-N-G story short, im in transportation. moving cargo, people, towing vehicles, driving forklifts, etc. it was fun, but it's getting old after 4 1/2 years.
i called the people to get information on cross training to EOD.
first problem, im 1 point short in my General area. FOCK!!!!!
second problem. i signed for 4 years and extended to deploy, stay as a first term airman, do cross training paperwork, and then re enlist after deployment. Good ole people at the personell center put me in the system AS REENLISTED which means im considered second term right now and makes it extrememly hard retrain. i was told that after the paper work is filled out and submitted, and i was approved/qualified via asvab, it could take 3 months to a YEAR to get approved.

sometimes i just need a break. after talking to an supervisor here, im an e-4 hes an e-5...he said after hearing me talk about my current base, it sounds like it's just the people i work with.

which may be true....so maybe ill try my luck at a BOP. base of preference...but ive been told thats for first term airman also. so.....

FINGERS CROSSED FOR A PCS- Permant change of station

1 of 261
WestCoast Speed SAP grilles & fascia-15% tint- Gentex Rear view mirror-Corsa Sport exhaust- DDM tuning 55W 6000k Lows/Highs- Kollar Racing RR bushings- Stock 18's, Kooks headers and catted mids

To Do:
CAI
BC coilovers
PAY OFF THE CAR
court_jester06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Poolshark1321

Good luck... gotta enjoy what your doing, thats very high on the priority list.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
court_jester06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark1321 View Post
Good luck... gotta enjoy what your doing, thats very high on the priority list.
i enjoy it. it's out side, high priority, low visibility to commanders.

side note, i'm not allowed to drive high ranking individials because i don't beat around the bush. haha. for instance, i asked a lt. col here in the desert a question that everyone has asked and didnt get any answers. people dont understand the way i think....

with out rank, they're just another person. i see people as...people. not as someone whos better than someone else just becuase they have a degree. and yes this thought process has gotten/ still does get me in trouble. when you have a supervisor whos 30-45 with 15+ yrs experience and a new butter bar (2nd LT) comes in and tries to run things...its a little aggravating.

1 of 261
WestCoast Speed SAP grilles & fascia-15% tint- Gentex Rear view mirror-Corsa Sport exhaust- DDM tuning 55W 6000k Lows/Highs- Kollar Racing RR bushings- Stock 18's, Kooks headers and catted mids

To Do:
CAI
BC coilovers
PAY OFF THE CAR
court_jester06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Pillion88
2ndGenGoatGuy

I love being an 88M myself but It's career suicide being as its so hard to get promoted these days.
Pillion88 is offline   Reply With Quote